Sunday 30 October 2011

More spicy seasonal baking

The Lovely Husband doesn't really have a sweet tooth, yet he loves all things gingery. So, with him in mind, I made a ginger traybake... To be honest, it wasn't my greatest success. The icing was too fudgy (I know, how can that be a bad thing, right?) but it lacked a strong enough ginger hit to cut through the sweetness. My fault entirely - I hadn't bothered to check my spice shelf and didn't have quite enough ground ginger. But when my sister and her children came over for the day and we went out here it did well enough as a mini-picnic to keep the energy levels up. The kids made Hallowe'en cards, dressed up, and explored the Tudor house on a ghost hunt, then we sat on benches in the beautiful autumn sunlight, enjoying the gorgeous garden and tucked into our foil-wrapped treat.
I wish half-term was longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment