Monday 2 December 2013

Reading List - November 2013

"An Unsuitable Attachment" by Barbara Pym.
"Confessions of an Organized Homemaker" by Deniece Schofield.
"Housebound" by Winifred Peck.

A paltry 3 books only this month. This is partly due to the fact that I have several others "on-the-go", but only put them on my list when I've completed them and partly due to the fact that the stinking cold I've had has left me with little energy to read. (Little energy to read? You know, it must've been bad.)

The Barbara Pym was fantastic, of course and it was particularly nice to read it before I attended a dramatised reading, at the Library of Birmingham. It was organised by the Barbara Pym Society who are, as could only be expected, a jolly nice bunch of ladies. And it was followed by a rather good tea - how could it not be?
Also wonderful was "Housebound". A perfect companion to last month's "How to Run Your Home Without Help", I'd definitely recommend reading them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment